Want to feel unshakably steady and wildly successful in your coaching practice?
I got you.
*note that in the video I mention the program is 3 months - but this time around, we're diving in together for a full 6 months so we have more time to deepen into community together.
Fierce confidence and wild success begins with trusting yourself.
Embodied Coaching Experience is designed to give you this.
It’s short, it’s sweet, it’s simple and it’s deep… while totally affordable.
This is not yet another informational training.
It’s an opportunity to integrate all those other trainings and experiences you’ve had, so you can deepen into and really own the strengths you already have.
Whatever you're trained in, this is a space to bring your questions about how to integrate specific tools, processes, practices, and things you've been taught into your work, so your work flows smoothly as you feel how you've got this, in your own unique style. You’ll receive coaching around what’s happening for you in your work, and what’s happening for your clients.
- Needing help to break down your coaching modules so you can flow from one step to another, feeling seamless and graceful? Or… flow between them intuitively and with ease?
- Desiring support figuring out what’s really going on with your client and why things just feel bumpy and stuck as you guide them?
- Wondering how to be and what to do when trauma shows up in front of you?
- Craving being part of an experience where you’re supported, celebrated, challenged and able to bring all parts of yourself?
- Trying to figure out how to be present as a coach when so much big life stuff and your own deep healing work happens at the same time?
Why continue to take training after training instead of slowing down to integrate what you already know? What would it feel like to only do more training if it’s a yes out of inspiration instead of fear that you’re “not enough”?
It’s Time to Deepen.
It’s SO EASY to get sucked into thinking “I need to know more - once I have more training I’ll have what I need” or “once I have more client hours booked I’ll feel successful”. Perhaps you see all these other shiny coaches advertising on social media, and suddenly you feel like you’re not good enough or not doing enough. The trek of the coach can be daunting, and it’s normal for doubt and confusion to creep in.
Maybe some of these are showing up for you?
- Hearing yourself wonder if maybe you’re not cut out for this work.
- Feeling defeated, depleted, irritated or helpless during sessions (learn to see this for what it is: GOLD. Super useful information to help your client - it’s not (entirely) about you).
- Resenting your uniqueness rather than seeing the power in it.
- Struggling to charge what your work is worth - especially if you’re pressuring yourself to deliver perfect, transformational experiences to every client in every session.
- Having clients cancel often, or not be completely committed, and finding yourself either not caring or feeling like a victim to it.
- Getting confused about what’s happening between you and your client and continually having tension and confusion between you.
- Feeling challenged with your own energy levels in sessions with clients.
- Checking the clock repeatedly in sessions.
- Spreading your energy thin between your coaching practice and other side jobs.
- Knowing that you have excellent training but not sure how to intuitively weave that wisdom and expertise through your sessions.
Yep. Getting sucked into a comparison mindset or ‘not enough’ thinking is super easy, especially when you’re out there trying to accomplish everything on your own.
The truth is that this work doesn’t have to be hard. It can enliven and feed us when we do it from a place of feeling internally while externally resourced (having the support we need outside ourselves).
Coaching is a practice. there is no endpoint. There is no way to do it perfectly. We show up just as we would with any other practice: with a sense of presence and curiosity. From there, we learn what actually needs our attention and what we can tend to on any given day.
I created this supportive experience for you.
This experience is a somatically-based (mind-body) way of connecting with ourselves and each other. Somatic awareness has become the most highly regarded and cutting edge experience that experts are discovering in the fields of neurobiology, trauma, attachment, healing and growth.
As a coach, these mind-body realities are what your clients might be coming to you with, as part of their histories. We’ll embody this understanding together… I’ll show you how.
Some themes we’ll explore:
- Embodiment and how being in connection with your body is GOLD.
- Co-Regulation and why it’s trending in the therapy world and will be in the coaching world soon.
- Pleasure and its power for you and your clients.
- Trauma and becoming aware of how to meet it when it shows up (because it will).
- Mindfulness and the joy of staying present and how it takes all the pressure off.
- Attachment and what happens (consciously or unconsciously) in the client/coach relationship and how that knowledge will serve them out in the world - and you too!
- And many many more.
“Thank you Shelby, for the space - this is deeply healing for me. I’m grateful - I didn’t realize how important it is to have a space like this. I’ve been on so many groups where it’s all go go go, but this is a space where you can go deep, and wow - thank you. I feel like I’m in such amazing company. It’s very rich and very deep.”
- Belinda Wiley, Sex & Relationships coach, NZ
Embodied Coaching Experience is:
- Six months.
- $497/ month for 6 months.
- 3x 1 hour, 45 minute LIVE interactive calls each month, where you receive coaching, get your Q’s answered and lean into a network community of high integrity, conscious coaches.
- 1x community connection call each month to deepen your relationships with your peers and colleagues.
- Access to the calls on your student dashboard - they’ll be recorded.
- Professional coaching development that is highly trauma aware.
- You have a choice of two call times - 9am Mondays, or 3:30pm Thursdays (Pacific Time), beginning then first week of February (once you’ve signed up, we’ll send you an email for you to choose the time that suits you).
**Thursday’s group is nearly full - just three spaces left, so jump in if Thursday is definitely the day you want!**
- A deep and authentic FB group where you get group support, even MORE of your questions answered by Shelby and lots of love and support on your journey of confidence and integration. It’s also a great place to share your work and be known!
- A no-brainer, crazy affordable investment in you, your growth, your skill, your confidence and your clients.
“Shelby, there were so many moments where I had tears of appreciation for you on the call. Thank you so much. I can’t believe what you have created. I hold a really, really high standard for group facilitators ever since being spoiled by my teacher, Merete, and your group filled a void I’d had for a good group holding experience ever since working with her. Thank you so much.”
- Tracy Dixon, Structural Integration, Vancouver, BC
“I feel so blessed to be able to participate in this group. It has been a game changer for me. I'm glad the universe put my business on hold until ECE now I feel like my offer is more valuable.”
- Renee Hilliard Certified Sex Love and Relationship Coach/ M.D.
I want to join! What do I need?
- To be currently working with clients (or practice clients). Just two is enough! You’ll grow that real quick being part of this rich group and awesome referral network.
- You’re a care provider (coach, therapist, facilitator of healing and growth sessions) and you’re ready to integrate what you already know while embodying deep presence and connection in a revolutionary way.
- You’re excited and motivated to be really caring & passionate about your peer’s work as this is a huge group support & celebration experience
- You feel ready to allow yourself to be both an expert and a vulnerable transparent human
- A commitment to show up every time we meet whole-heartedly with your presence and full attention.
- Awareness and excitement for many of the folks in this program who are Love, Sex, Sexuality and Relationship Coaches… this is a sex positive training and if this isn’t your expertise… it will be part of the topics we explore and address! (See video above if you’re wondering what this is all about!).
“When I joined the Embodied Coaching Experience with Shelby, I had already been coaching for about 2 years and felt I was struggling to keep up with the emotional demands that come with having a coaching practice. I found myself overwhelmed and kept getting triggered by my clients. I was seriously considering giving up being a coach. I felt I wasn’t confident enough to hold clean space for the complexities that my clients were bringing to me.
I have been in the ECE community for about 6 months and can sense the groundedness in my presence as a coach. I am able to have my awareness placed on my client, while also paying attention to where my nervous system is and what I need to feel regulated in my own body.
Being part of the ECE community has been truly a game changer and recommend it to any facilitator who wishes to up level their practice.”
Mari de Luna - Women's Empowerment Coach
“I'm feeling so much more confident in my coaching, and like my clients are receiving better care. I feel so supported, I trust I can bring what's going on for me with honesty and be received with kindness. When I reflect on how much I've learned and embodied, I feel like I've been through a coaching training, not just supervision, because of how much my coaching style has been informed by ECE.
I'm leaning into more holding my clients and their experience with love and acceptance and finding the place where it's ok, and doing less in session (in terms of going through xyz steps of a tool) than I used to. I'm also paying so much more attention to my own embodied experience in session, to get information about what might be going on for the client, to take care of myself, to bring qualities into my body and into the field, and to emphasise my own presence.
I feel much more comfortable and capable of supporting people carrying trauma, which includes both my capacity in session and knowing when to refer out. And the kind of language I use, and the intentionality of that language, has been greatly shaped by you!”
Carol Anne - Sex, Love and Relationship Coach
Who am I?
Hi, I’m Shelby Leigh.
My vision for coaches and the coaching industry is high integrity and exceptional skill - especially with an orientation towards sinking into a somatic foundation and body awareness. Coaches guiding their clients from a steady and informed place, leaning into connection with their own regulated nervous systems.
Ultimately, it starts with us… with our own nervous systems and connection to our resources inside and out.
I hold this vision because I have walked in the coaching and therapy worlds for many years, where I’ve witnessed a strange and unfortunate projection that each has of the other. What I have found is that in both fields there are exceptional practitioners and there are not so exceptional practitioners.
It doesn’t matter what we call ourselves, it matters how we hold ourselves and our clients. It matters that we work within our scope of practice and know what that means. It matters that we step into our unique gift or offering and KNOW that it helps - that it meets someone where they are on their journey and offers something that clicks another puzzle piece into their healing and growth adventure.
We can’t do it alone… we do it as a team of many. And when we embrace our own trainings whole-heartedly and integrate the pieces we’ve learned with confidence… we can be of beautiful support to many that come our way.
In over 15 years combined experience as a Somatic Psychotherapist, a Sex, Love and Relationship Coach, an NLP coach, a mindfulness facilitator, a breathwork facilitator and massage therapist, and also a river guide (you’d be surprised at how much this taught me about presence and helping humans navigate tricky waters) - I have gotten an incredible opportunity to experiment with what works and what doesn’t. I have seen firsthand, in many environments, what connects us and what fills us with doubt and exhaustion.
I spent the first many years working with people while filled with doubt, racing thoughts instead of presence and just hoping my clients wouldn’t find out I was a fake. I knew I had so much to offer but it was clouded by old imprints of not enough and doubting anything good that ever came to me. In my perfectionist state, I was able to help but not nearly as much as I do now. Through coming into my body and learning how to regulate my nervous system through connection with myself and others I have found that work is energizing, enlivening, connecting and presencing.
I leave sessions in tears of gratitude often, trusting that I am in the right place doing exactly what I’m meant to be doing. I want that for you too.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
This experience is committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, ability and experience. To be engaged, participants must feel included and valued. We strive to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is highly valued and seamless,where there is a deep sense of pride, passion and belonging for every single person. We know that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative environment that delivers better learning, healing, growth and connection. To support an inclusive environment where participants feel empowered to share their experiences and ideas, we ask that everyone who shows up is also committed to this vision.
Not only is the experience inclusive - part of what we’ll navigate is broadening our collective awareness of issues of clients in marginalized populations or populations different than our own and learning about how to tailor coaching to folks of different backgrounds than our own.
There are 4 spots available for 50% off scholarship and I love supporting folks in this way.
I prioritize folks who hold marginalized identities - BIPOC, LGBTQI+, folks with disabilities, single moms, refugees, first generation immigrants, etc. If you’d like to apply for one of those spots, click here and fill out the application and I'll be in touch very soon.
'' It's affirming how similar all the other coach's experiences are to mine. I thought I was alone and crazy because all the FB coaching groups I'm in show just post after post of coaches celebrating their successes.
My clients get so much more out of our sessions when we're just present (with a hearty dollop of silence) with what's here rather than trying to cram so many tools in. No more need to "dig" and "find the root" or even "integrate", just explore and get curious with space and encouragement to really feel what's going on. ''
Michelle Garfinkel, Holistic Sex Coach
What happens on the live interactive calls?
This is a place to share extensive client information (while keeping their identities 100% confidential) and get feedback from Shelby around what’s happening in your sessions. We follow a structured somatic way of offering and receiving constructive feedback and get curious together about how you can navigate and understand what’s happening in your sessions for you, for your client and in the field in between the two of you.
How will the calls be structured?
Calls will be structured similarly every time. We’ll start ON TIME and end ON TIME. We’ll begin with a brief practice and themed teaching, then have time for a handful of people to ask for feedback on client questions, general coaching questions and any personal coaching issues arising.
If everyone doesn’t get their questions addressed each live call, will there be enough time for me?
One of the beauties of these group explorations is that we all learn from each other’s scenarios NO MATTER WHAT. Each case can offer wisdom for everyone’s coaching practice. There will be a lot of care taken to make sure EVERYONE gets plenty of airtime in a balanced way throughout the program. If all of the questions aren’t answered on the live calls, they will be answered after the calls in the FB group as well.
How long are the live calls?
1 hour, 45 minutes.
I’m a therapist, can I join?
Absolutely! Licensed therapists, counselors and interns are welcome and will find this a very supportive experience for your practice.
Do I have to be present for ALL the calls?
It is highly preferred and will enhance your experience and the experience of others. The more everyone shows up, the more rich the experience is with all of our collective wisdom and encouragement. However, we understand that life happens and it’s not always possible to show up… so they are recorded so you’re welcome to watch them anytime.
Do I have to be present for the FB group?
The more you put in, the more you get out, and so do your peers. It’s this continued new paradigm where we’re here to lift each other up as powerful coaches in the world, and truly support and care for each other as we help each other grow and heal and be the best we can be. Additionally, this will embed the habit of regularly reaching out to trusted colleagues to consult about your work - this is the support that many high-level coaches commit to regularly, to help them grow and stay resourced and clear. It’s also a beautiful place to be able to be vulnerable and not have to hold it together as a professional. It’s a place for you to be held, too, and to have an ally to celebrate with and be in challenging moments with.
I’m a new coach, and I’m still mostly coaching practice clients. Do I need to be working with ‘real’ clients?
Coaching practice clients is perfect! Bring your questions and experience from working with practice clients to our calls. You’ll gain support in deepening your confidence and skill, and learn from the other coaches in the group.
Is there a guarantee?
30-day money back guarantee. We’re so confident in the power of this program that we will refund your investment if you are not satisfied within 30 days of the start of the program. You must have attended all calls live to be eligible for a refund.